Friday, July 9, 2010

The New Mexico Rail Runner Express

I got myself all dressed up,
and thought of something I had not done yet!
I went to see the arrival of
The New Mexico Rail Runner Express
at a local station.

I arrived a few minutes early
to photograph the small outdoor station.



Nice tile work!


I didn't have to wait long before I heard the train!



The New Mexico Rail Runner
is a commuter train running
between Albuquerque and Santa Fe.


This train was south bound into Albuquerque.
As a commuter train,
there are a few hours in the afternoon that it does not run.
If I had gotten on this train, it would have been at least 3 hours
before I could have caught a return trip to the station.


Perhaps sometime,
I can ride the train to Santa Fe!



The red and yellow stripes are the warm colors of New Mexico.
They are the colors on our older style license plates.
On the train, they are the road runner's tail feathers.


See...
The road runner is the state bird of New Mexico!



And the rail runner is one fast train
that helps people travel between Albuquerque and Santa Fe!




Walking back to the car,
I found some pretty flowers!



After seeing the train arrive and leave,
I went to see The Village Shops at Los Ranchos.
These are new shops in the old New Mexican style.


I love New Mexico!













No comments:

Post a Comment